Friday, April 4, 2008

Leavin' the roaring 20's Hello dirty 30's

Well this past week I officially left behind my 20's and entered into the my 30's. Most people I have been talking to have made me come to think that this is some sort of a big milestone and accomplishment in my life. I am here to offer a different view on this, a view which has now been skewed due to the birth of my daughter.

Looking back, when I thought about turning 30, I was all ready to go leave my 20's with a major bang complete with everything that one could think of. I was going to have a huge bash that would remind me of some of the house parties I used to throw at college. 300 people, 10 kegs, dirty dancing and just a great time in general. After all how many times does one turn 30?? As I came closer and closer to this "milestone" I was planning how it was all going to unfold and what the evening would entail, in the phrasing of a younger man, it was going to be "OFF THE HOOK"

Well my friends, around 6 months ago and then really 4 weeks ago things changes. McKenzie Jade Weening came into this world and change my whole perspective on the whole turning 30. While I still view it as an fun birthday, I no longer view it as a major milestone of achievement, conceiving and giving birth to a child, now THAT is an accomplishment/achievement to be proud of.

After McKenzie was born, things that were important to me seemed to change, I didn't care about my stuff or my things, but focus now solely on her needs and her life. In essence turning 30 was like waking up on a Tuesday, no big deal! Now before some of you go ans say that I don't have to change my entire life because we had a baby, I am telling you all these things because I enjoy the change. I love the fact that she is my entire world, I still live my life but she has caused a change in me that I think is for the better.

So to end, turning 30 for me this year wasn't a big deal and seemed a bigger deal to those around me. Having McKenzie... now that was a big friggin' deal. That is something to be proud of and have a major bash for, my 30th??? Well we are just having a party with some appi's and a keg, after all you do still have to have a little fun don't you??? See you then peeps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your flames, not really though. They seem to get the Wings' number in the playoffs for some reason so we're pretty happy to be playing the snowflakes instead