Thursday, July 30, 2009

End of an era that came way too soon!!!

Well the end of an era came to be on July 23 2009, and it is has been quite possible the hardest thing to do in life, grieve over the loss of someone too soon and too abruptly. I am not in a state to talk about it, and I am not sure I will be anytime soon. What I am ready to do is to get my blogging back up an going. I am not ready to take things full blown, but there is something out there that needs to be completed. My good friend and companion started something a while back, it was a blog on the letters of the alphabet. He was so kind as to invite me to unleash the letter "Q" which I was able to do. Anyway, to make a long post short, the alphabet series stopped at V, with the ending never to be finished by the original master. To honour my fallen friend I plan to finish this one series. I will post when I am ready and hopefully I will be able to try and fit (I wont be able to come close to filling) in his shoes. So bear with me, and join me if you will on this one last journey for Alex. I will be bringing us back to the beginning, the letter "A" and everyday post the next letter until we come to the unfinished part, in the meantime I hope that people out there will take a look at the genius that was my companion, debater, blogger, analytical thinker, and most of all loved friend, the one the only Alexander Richard Schaap. May you rest and find peace my friend, you will always, ALWAYS be remembered and loved!!



April 1972 - July 2009

Too soon my friend, and may the lights guide you home!!

No comments: