Saturday, February 16, 2008

Final Weeks for to milestones

Here I am, entering into the final weeks of the pregnancy. There still is a lot to do and we don't have a crib, but I have been told by many that a dresser drawer will suffice just fine when it comes to the nocturnal habits of this baby species that we are about to have enter into this world. So the room is almost done except for the fact that I have to put up some trim, paint the top color, put up the crib (whenever E-children decides we are ready to have it), put the car seat in the car, pack a bag, have my final "Holy shit I am gonna be a dad" moment and finally put plastic sheets on our bed... just kidding about the last part. So really all in all we fell unprepared and kind of betrayed by our friends, all of whom told us, that 6 months would be plenty of time and how we would be ready when the time comes. So to all you back stabbers... THANKS!! Seriously though, I do feel somewhat ready and prepared, or as ready and prepared as I can be. I am very excited and just ready to meet the little guy/girl and see what He/She looks like and decide on a name, but more to the point, I am excited that when the baby is born, I get to break my vow of dry living and drink a beautiful little pinot noir that I picked up the other day. Having not had the taste of alcohol for the past 4 weeks has been surprisingly easy, I found it harder to give up coffee for a month than I have not drinking alcohol for the past month. I guess there are two ways to look at this, one is glad to know that I am not an alcoholic or have alcoholic tendencies, and then other is that it sucks to be the place where I usually buy my booze as business must have suffered.

So dear readers I come to you on this fine Saturday morning, a morning in which most of the snow here is melted as a result of our 14ºC/57ºF day yesterday, looking forward to two things that are nearing on my horizon. The upcoming birth of my first child and the upcoming "first" sip of fine wine with "da wife" after 6 weeks for me and a long 9 months for her. I have yet to decide which will be more monumental... NOT!! (little tribute to Borat there folks) For those of you out there please pray that we are blessed with a healthy child and that momma will do well. Thanks and CIAO for now!!

3 comments:

Tan said...

I've got some new names for this little bundle of joy...
Margarita, Corona or Stella for a girl and Samuel Adams, Bud or Alexander Keith for a boy.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Tan
Truth be known, you can't be fully prepared cause you'll have no idea how you'll react yet. Look back in history, having kids is a lot easier than it should be. Populations are dramatically increasing around the world, seems to happen without too much effort. Just remember, the Universe is a GOOD place, and consequently wants you to partake of the goodness which it provides, such as the result of the fermentation of grapes. Hope to have a glass of that Pinot when the moment arrives.

Tan said...

Hmmmm...how many of you child-bearing women out there like the sound of "...seems to happen without too much effort." I seem to recall a lot of "effort" on my part.