Monday, January 21, 2008

Another saga begins

A sad day has come upon me. I am sorry to report that the great and mighty Packers have fallen to the Giants. Now this in itself is enough to send me over the edge, however there is more. You see not so long ago back in my younger and cockier days I told my wife that I would quit drinking alcohol when the Packers lost until the day that our baby is born, not that big a deal if you think about it the way that I was thinking about it. I will lay it out for you how it was SUPPOSED to play out in my head.

Packers play wild card winner, Packers Dallas Cowboys, Packer play New England Patriots in Superbowl and win, hence me not giving up anything for any amount of time. Well that is not going to happen now thanks to the stupid New York Giants and there 23-20 overtime win!!

So here is it, almost 6 full weeks from the due date of our first child, and me having given up all alcohol until that day arrives, which leaves me with a problem. You see it is not so much not drinking alcohol that is problematic, it is the fact that the Packers lost and are no longer in the playoffs. If they were still playing I would be in a much better mood this morning and not having a care in the world, but alas it was not meant to be. There is always next year I suppose

Anyway, this post is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo ramblings that don't really make much sense. The point of it was that I have officially given up any and all alcohol from this date forth until my child is born, and on that day, MAN OH MAN you had better be ready because it is ON!!

Au revior sweet nectar of life I will miss you!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I would take a mulligan on that one if I were you.

Braaaaaaaaaad said...

What?? Moderation?!?! And now you make me register with Google to give those frickin' people more millions!?!? If I wasn't so opnionated I'd never come here again!

But...I love you cat stories and hate them as well.

I feel your pain man. That Green Bay loss was a shocker and painfull. I was not a NUTS as you though and bet something like giving up the nectar! Money is one thing, buying beer for someone else is another but don't bet something like that! Don't you know that "on any given Sunday..."?