Thursday, May 15, 2008

In response to ALEXANDER THE GREAT...

Alex, I will address your comment in a post (this is what you have taught your padawan learner oh master.)

Here is the post and comments in its entirety. Why do I exist... to Grand theft Auto IV of course

Alex wrote: GTA4 is a great game, in that it has scored 10 out of 10 on most gaming sites

What is it that gives the game a 10 out of 10? Was it you who personally sat down and played it and then scored it? It was other people and it was THEIR opinion, and now they have told you that this is the greatest game ever made. It seems that this is not like you, to allow yourself to be force feed what you think, Polly want a cracker, aaawwkk HELLOOO. Like with movie critics, I will make up my own mind and not take what they write and then spit that out as my opinion about the movie, the same should be true about the "greatest game ever made."

Alex wrote: ... we play board games such as oh I dunno, RISK, Command and Conquer, Axis and Allies, etc.. How fun would it be to play a game which mimics true life? Boring!

To the point of playing Risk et al, I find it strange that you would compare strategic board games based on wars, although tragic wars do not break the law, to GTA4, a video game based on real life happenings. So to compare GTA4 to a strategic war based board game seems to be a missed point, after all when was the last time you had someone line up all their troops and roll the dice to see who win, compared to the last time you heard in the news of some hooker who was brutally murdered. To the last sentence about how it would be boring to play a game that mimics true life being boring, that is my main problem with this game, it is too true to real life. Drugs, Crime, Sex, Murder... anything in there remind you of anything you have seen/heard on the news lately.


Alex wrote: Why do you think all the popular games of today involve fantasy of some sort? Cause we as adult humans are pretty darn good at playing pretend, and we like it.

Now this point about us wanting to play games that are based on fantasy, I agree with you, however if it is fantasy that you want then this game has missed the mark as well. Who it their right mind would want to fantasies about the things that GTA4 deems acceptable? I will give you an example of another fantastic game, that up until this game was to top game of all time, HALO. This games takes the player to another world to fight aliens and other beast, now if it is fantasy that you want, then this is game.

Now as I stated before in my original post, I realize that it is only a game, and that I myself don't put much merit into it, I just feel that we have seen one too many times of life imitating art, and this is a game that I fear may bring those occurrences up in number. Paranoid maybe, new father - yes, this is my opinion, deal with it!

5 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Matt;
Although I don't always agree with what you have posted in this blog. I would sincerely like to say that i do love you man.

Anonymous said...

You are one sexy bitch weening!!

Anonymous said...

Weak attempt at a rebutal Mr. Weening. weeeeeek man

Mattie said...

Hummm it is very interesting that an anonymous can post something that states what i post is weak...

I believe I have said enough, you have something to say, post a name so I know who I am talking to.

You call me weak... POT, KETTLE, BLACK!!