Tuesday, May 13, 2008

joining the debate, or at least I think I am

So I am going to be joining a debate/discussion that has been going on long before I was born, and will no doubt go on long after I die. It has been brought to the blog forefront by a newly welcomed back prodigal son, DVB. His post, found here, The beginning of the Beginning, is the start of something interesting.

Now before I actually put a post together I must preface what is to come with the fact that most people who know me, know that I am a spontaneous goof who likes to have fun, and those of you who read my blog are privy to a little piece of my brain. Well for the next little/long while I will not be spending as much time on the humor, or as DVB puts is "musings" but more on who I am and what I think and believe.

DVB, I actually should be thanking you for bringing this out in me, you see for the past year I have been talking and thinking about a very long and serious blog series. I wanted to take the time to thoroughly read every book of the bible and then follow it up with an in depth analysis of my thoughts on that particular book, and what it means to my faith and to me in general. Now I still have the desire to do this, but I am not sure on how to approach it so I am thinking that this blog discussion will get me into the thought process that I need to be in for a 66 post series.

So now that I have laid the ground work for my entry into this discussion, I will need to gather my thoughts and put on my serious face for a while. so to DVB, I will post soon, and thanks for the kick in the ARSE!

5 comments:

Steely Dan said...

Matt, that is an ambitious project and I wish you luck. Have you begun already with the reading? I would consider perhaps joining in if you were interested.
Anyway, as for getting you on the "serious" kick, I certainly cannot take credit. There is a sublime presense out there on the internet that influences me in mysterious ways. Ahem.
Also, I would hate to lose the humor completely on our blogs. I will probably intersperse the goofy stuff that spills out of my head with the other stuff.

Steely Dan said...

Oh, And can I get a permanent link back up in your margins?

Mattie said...

Steely, I will not leave humor completely off my site, but have been having some interesting thoughts going through my head as of late. Especially with the birth of McKenzie and then with her Baptism, it seems that I have a lot of things to say but I need to find the right way to say them. I almost feel as though I am in a mini mid life crisis, without the crisis (that makes a lot of sense!!) anyway, the long and short is that I will not lose my humor.

With regards to my ambitious undertaking, I have not begun, but was hoping to start in the next few weeks, or when I feel ready to tackle it. as far as joining, I feel that by starting it, any and all are welcome to join, this is afterall a form for discussion.

Alex said...

Mattie, I for one will be watching closely. Kudos on your 66 post challenge!
The discussions we are having on the other blogs are open for anyone and everyone, and I look forward to reading your opinions on the matter!

Tan said...

Well - what I was going to say has already been taken (you have to be quick with you boys...that's what she said?!?) Anyways, yes - we would have to give credit to a certain letter "U" for the early beginnings of this here debate. And your book of the Bible blog will be interesting. I will also be watching closely and uh...good luck with Leviticus. ;)